leads fire and EMS instructors in their efforts to reduce firefighter fatalities and injuries, increase firefighter safety, educate and train. We support instructors through educational opportunities, networking, mentoring programs, leadership opportunities, instructional resources, and legislative advocacy.
April 18-23, 2016
Words of our members
The ISFSI fall conference was an excellent use of my time! In general I rate a conference a success if 60% of the content is of benefit to my career development. In this case I can say 100% of the programs delivered relevant material and I will go back to my department a stronger instructor with the knowledge I gained from this conference.
“I have been a member of ISFSI since the early eighties joining after attending FDIC. The ISFSI was the originator of that conference we know today which is attended by more than 10,000 fire service members each year. For more than the 30 years I have been a member, the society has been a good advocate for the fire service at all levels of government and national organizations. It is a source for new ideas, networking and best practices in the fires service. It remains strong and growing- filling the needs of today and tomorrows fire service. I highly recommend joining and getting involved in the society because its work is important to the fire service and will provide you with many career benefits.”
“The ISFSI has long served as a catalyst for professional instructor development. For many years it has provided me with current information about instructional techniques that allowed me to deliver instructional material in a manner that helped the students understand and receive the information. The ISFSI has enhanced my professional development through the network of highly motivated and enthusiastic instructors. I encourage the individual who has a sincere desire to develop their instructional skills and techniques to join the ISFSI.”
“ISFSI has allowed me to network with other fire service instructors, not only within North America, but also internationally. The Society is well recognized and offers some unique training opportunities, and also is a great resource for various teaching materials on a wide variety of fire service topics.”
“The professional contacts, resources and information provided by the ISFSI has been a constant source of assistance throughout my 30+ year training officer career. The ISFSI exists with its primary mission to be a resource for training officers and instructors and has always met my expectations as the place to get the answers and information needed to do my job. In addition, as an instructor in the ISFSI Live Fire Instructor program, the ISFSI has given me the ability to be out in the field throughout North America to work with the best and most engaged members I’ve ever seen.”
“The ISFSI has provided me with the networking and opportunities to last a life time. My career would not be where it is today without the ISFSI.”
“The relationship with other members allows me to keep up with the most innovative and current training techniques, provides a scientific based resource for educational material, and allows me to obtain applicable training certifications for my firefighters enabling my department to operate safely on the fire ground.”
The ISFSI has done more for my professional development and presented me with more opportunities than any other organization to date.
- George D Post Instructor of the Year Award recipient Eddie Buchanan. http://t.co/15mrLxCAw1,
- If you're NOT a member of the ISFSI you should be. Join this week at FDIC. Come visit us at booth #13095 and join... http://t.co/eD8eRjHwRf,
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: Kerbers Kill'n It!! @FDIC @UL_FSRI @BobbyHalton @FireInstructors http://t.co/DclMSXBSyH,
- What a fantastic evening we had last night at our annual membership social! Mo's A Place for Steaks in downtown... http://t.co/d6LXTgo8qd,
- ISFSI has a new booth space at FDIC! Come visit us in the Capitol Street corridor Booth #13095,
- Over 125 students in this morning's PMFA at FDIC, Brian Kazmierzak a key contributor to the development of this... http://t.co/6FBNAYeDNR,
- BREAKING NEWS....Bobby Halton just announced that ISFSI President Steve Pegram will keynote the 2016 FDIC. http://t.co/fUxOvEGRPb,
- We're on the ground in Indianapolis! Are you here yet? http://t.co/uLxLVBJtz6,
- There are still openings in the ISFSI Principles of Modern Fire Attack Train the Training Monday Morning HOT... http://t.co/kV8iC2joZj,
- A little sneak peek of the new ISFSI booth...just in time for FDIC! Don't forget to come by and see us.,